Monday, November 8, 2010

Gratitude Challenge- November 8



Today I am thankful for my sister-in-law Bethany. My husband was away this weekend at a retreat with a bunch of guys from church, and she moved in and camped out with us while he was gone. That is just one very small example of her selflessness.

She loves my girls almost as much as we do; she always makes time to spend with them, and loves spoiling them with surprises. Most importantly, she knows and respects the way we want to raise them. I can trust her absolutely with all three of my girls. There are very few people in the world I can say that about.

She loves me almost as much as she loves my girls, and she spoils me more. She is loving and generous, and since she doesn't have a husband and kids of her own (yet!) we are the ones blessed by her enormous heart. What I love about her most is that I can talk to her. Really talk. I can yell and vent and cry and just completely melt down and she'll listen without judging me. She has seen me at my worst, and she loves me anyway.

She's intelligent, beautiful, creative, gifted, stubborn, compassionate...so many wonderful things. I thank God today for blessing us with her presence.

2 comments:

SisterTipster said...

WOW~is she human?? Just kidding! But she's definitely wonderful and glad you've got here! Thanks for sharing your sweet relationship with your SISTERinlaw! Have a blessed day! hugs!

Jill said...

Beautiful description! What a blessing to have such a wonderful sister-in-law.

Related Posts with Thumbnails