Saturday, April 2, 2011

What a difference a year makes!

katebdayfranksam                               3girls'11

Same calendar. Same wall. One year in between pictures. Samantha, my fifteen year old daughter, went to Revolve with a group of girls from church. It was her first concert experience, and she came home tonight after being away overnight absolutely exhilarated. In between thoughts of oh my word is she ever going to stop talking? And how does she breathe with that constant flow of words? I remembered what it was like being a teenage girl (does that feeling of that was how many years ago ever go away?) and experiencing new things for the first time. That feeling of wonder and elation and awe. I have a daughter that is almost at the age I was when I had some of the best experiences of my entire life…and also made some of the worst decisions of my life. I remember that time in my life as a time of such extreme emotions. And it made me wonder when my little girl suddenly became so grown up. Then I look at her two sisters who were just babies the last time I checked, and wish I could just slow them down a bit. It always sounds so cliché, but time really does pass way too fast. We get to be with our children for such a short period of time. And in that time we have such a great responsibility to help shape them into the people God intended them to be. In the precious few years we have them we are laying the foundation for who they will be for the rest of their lives. The rest of their lives. No pressure :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails