I stumbled upon this recipe during one of my Pinterest adventures, and decided to try it out. I’m a fan of cinnamon candles burning all winter long, and this looked like it could be right up my alley.
You just mix these ingredients together in a pot, add water almost to the top and let it simmer on your stove, adding water as needed. The original recipe called for a one inch piece of fresh ginger, but it was very overpowering and we didn’t like it at all.
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 3 tangerines, halved
- 3 whole cinnamon sticks
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 vanilla bean + 1 tablespoon vanilla extract (I just used the extract and added a bit more)
- 1 small branch fresh pine
- 1 cup apple cider, pomegranate or cranberry juice
- 2 star anise (optional-smells like black licorice)