Saturday, March 10, 2018

AWANA Grand Prix

This year Don and I have had the pleasure of leading the Trek club at AWANA. While our group doesn’t exactly run by the book every week, we have the privilege of getting to spend time with some pretty awesome teens. We get to hear about their lives, share God’s word with them, and hopefully show them His love for them through us.

One highlight of the year is always the Grand Prix race. In our family we care less about speed and more about creating unique cars that are fun to look at, and this year I’d say we succeeded!

20180307_165553

My mountain man, cutting their cars. On my dining room table. It’s a good thing I love him so.

IMG_1840

Francesca working on her masterpiece

20180307_182304

I almost didn’t use this picture because my dining room is such a mess.But we’re homeschoolers. You can rarely see my dining room table because we’re busy living life together, and I’m ok with that. Some day my house will be clean, and my heart will not be nearly as full as it is now.

20180310_095443

Race day. Katie got to spend time with her favorite red head.

20180310_101613    20180310_110748

And here they are watching their cars race. Did I mention we don’t really focus on speed much? Their cars had to be pushed to the finish line every single time. But it didn’t matter one bit, because they looked so amazing.

20180310_114941

And the results! Francesca’s chicken tractor won 1st prize in her age group for design, and Don’s fishing canoe also won 1st place for design in the leader’s group. Katie made a pretty cool popsicle with a bite taken out of it. Even though she didn’t win a prize, she’ll always be a winner in my book.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails