Monday, October 25, 2010

Fit Mommy Friday-10 week challenge


So. You may or may not have noticed that I have had a “weight loss” tab up with nothing going on there. I’ve been kicking this idea around for a little while now that if I could use my blog to just get it all out there, maybe I’d find a little accountability and drive to stick with it. However, I’ve been procrastinating because I wasn’t sure what I wanted this whole sharing thing to look like.
Today over at the Crew Forum, I read about this challenge. I think I’ve found my answer.
Two years ago I (finally!) quit smoking. A direct result of that has been some significant weight gain. Add to that having three children, a drop in my activity level after becoming a stay-at-home mom, and not having the advantage of a twenty-something year old metabolism anymore and here I am- the heaviest I’ve ever been- at about 70 pounds overweight. Ouch.
Although I’ve been down this road more time than I can count, I am confident this will be the time I succeed. I know because I’m just not going to stop this time. I know because I have had enough. I NEED to feel good again. I need to have the energy and stamina to keep up with my girls. I need to set a good example for my girls-to lead by example the importance of healthy eating and exercise. I need to be healthy so I can be around for them for a while…
So, my goals:
  • to lose 15 pounds by Dec. 31st. It’s a drop in the bucket, but it’s a start.
  • to increase my water intake to at least four glasses a day and gradually increase it
  • to eliminate junk food and get back to healthy, whole foods
  • to spend 30 to 45 minutes four days a week on the treadmill or some other form of movement
Fit Mommy Friday is a way for everyone involved to check-in and offer each other encouragement and accountability. So every Friday I will write about my progress, and visit others to see how they’re doing. Genius, right?!
Now I’m off to link my very first “exercise” post :D
See you Friday!

2 comments:

closed said...

I feel the same way you do! I was wondering if you had tried the 1000 calorie diet? My MIL did this when I was pregnant with my 3rd baby (yes I wanted to kill her(: but she lost a lot of weight! The weight watchers thing also worked for a friend of mine, agian I was nursing at the time so I couldnt try it out myself...Whatever you do know that its going to take time and your weight loss will be different from everyone elses because we are all different, I wish you the best and I hope all goes well...Another thing to motivate you is post some recipes, share snack ideas and your routine with us and we can give you feedback!

Dawn said...

Welcome aboard! Our goals are similar. I look forward to hearing about your successes!

Related Posts with Thumbnails