Thursday, October 7, 2010

My Girls

fshoes frankietellstime

All of my girls have been blessed with special and unique gifts. It is such a privilege to be able to watch them grow and develop their talents. Sam is an amazingly talented artist and writer. She has such a kind heart and an incredible sense of humor. She is becoming my companion as well as my daughter.With her I can see all the years of hard work starting to pay off.

Katie has a brilliant mind and a sharp wit. She is also compassionate and very loving. She is the love bug in our family. I’ve yet to meet a more affectionate child. She, too, has such a kind heart. That seems to be a trait all three of my girls share.

Francesca is thoughtful and creative. She is the most sensitive of all my girls, and she feels her emotions strongly. You never have to guess what’s going on with her. She’s persistent and determined, and just a joy to be around. But the thing that I admire most about her is her amazing ability to watch someone do something and then do it on her own. You may remember me telling you about Frankie writing letters on her own a while back. She also learned to tie her shoes on her own, just from observing Katie. Another was learning to tell time on a clock. She was in the room drawing when I was working on a lesson with Katie, and when Katie and I were done she just came over and showed me how to do it. It seems like Frankie amazes me almost daily!

On a day when I’ve been crabby and overwhelmed, I’m thankful that the Lord has lead my heart (and this post) in a different direction. It’s good for us to be reminded of our blessings once in a while. And these girls; these amazing, talented, beautiful girls…what a gift it is to be their mother.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails