Friday, February 23, 2018

Baking Adventures

We’ve got a budding pastry chef here. Francesca has decided she’s going to culinary school and from there she will open her own bakery. Today she wanted to try her hand at pate a choux dough to make cream puffs with a vanilla pastry cream. So fancy!

20180223_152122

IMG_1772

She patiently stood and continuously stirred the pastry cream for 20 minutes. It’s a good thing she had her daddy as a helper, because I have no patience for that! I always cheat when I’m making a roux and turn the heat up to thicken it faster, which would definitely not have worked here.

20180223_155552

Piping out the cream puffs

IMG_1774    20180223_164707

Filling the finished puffs. How cool is it that this dough hollows out while baking?

IMG_1776

The finished product! She dusted the tops with powdered sugar and then drizzled chocolate over them. I was so impressed that the dough and the filling came out absolutely perfect on her first attempt! I love that my husbands strengths perfectly compliment my wild and impulsive girl. He’s so patient, encouraging, and just laid back (I am so not laid back. Ahhh! Follow the recipe!) with her and he gives her the freedom to embrace her (messy!)creativity. And I can tell she appreciates him because she told him he can be her assistant when she opens her bakery. What an awesome duo!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails