Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Word Filled Wednesday-John 15:12

It seems like all I ever say is "Be kind to each other" or "Speak kindly to your sisters". I know that when a family spends as much time together as mine does the days can't be all sunshine and happiness. Sometimes the bickering between my fourteen year old and the younger ones is worse than it is between the six and four year old. Sometimes they tease each other so mercilessly I wonder what on earth I'm doing wrong. Sometimes I want to give in to the urge to ship them all off to the orphanage.

But then there are days when Katie is so sick she can't keep even keep a sip of ginger ale down and Sam sits with her all day long, loving on her and comforting her. There are days when Frankie goes visiting somewhere for the day and Katie is bored and lonely without her, wandering around aimlessly with nothing to do. And they are so fiercely protective of each other-as awful as they can be to each other at times-they've got such an amazing bond sometimes it astounds me.

 So, I think they hear me. They hear me when I tell them to be kind, and they hear me when I tell them that God hand-picked each of us to be together as a family so He expects us to love each other the way He loves us. Even though they make me crazy on a regular basis, underneath it they love each other. Fiercely and unconditionally.  Just the way it should be.


To see more visit Internet Cafe Devotions.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails