Friday, July 23, 2010

My Husband Rocks!



This week for My Husband Rocks I want to talk about what a dedicated, hard working man my husband is.
Every year, thanks to his tireless efforts, we enjoy a bountiful harvest of vegetables fresh from our garden. Now, we call it "our" garden but in reality it's his baby. I love fresh vegetables. I love the idea of having our own garden. But with the exception of the little bit of work I do helping him prep the garden for planting, I'm pretty much a sit back and watch things grow kind of girl. If there weren't any bugs, and if weeding wasn't the most detestable job I've ever encountered-maybe I'd be more hands on. But there are bugs. Lots and lots of really gross bugs. That crunch when you step on them. I don't know about you, but I can't think of anything worse than the sound of a crunching bug.

So year after he year he toils away in our garden without me. And he never complains.  He plants it. He waters it. He weeds it. And then weeds it again. And then weeds it some more. He sits among the plants and sings to them. Ok. So maybe that's a slight exaggeration, but he does have a giant rock that he put at the edge of the garden so he'd have a place to sit while he admires all of his growing plants. Anytime we can't find him, chances are we look out the window to find him sitting on his rock, cheering everything on :)






















After hours and hours and hours of endless hard work, we're starting to enjoy the fruits of his labor!
This is one of the many reasons why My Husband Rocks!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails